1. Log into Portal.office.com > Admin
2. Select Admin Centres > Exchange
3. Under the heading Recipients select Mailboxes
4. Look up the users email address > Highlight Account
5. On the right hand side 'Convert to Shared Mailboxes' > Click on 'Convert'
6. After this has finished loading you will only be able to find the email address under the shared type.
1. Back to the Admin Page > Users > Active > Search for the email address
2. Search for email address & Click into the account > Remove Licence > Save
1. Log into AD > Search for the user
2. Click on user to change the name & once changed a box will appear to change the Logon name which you will have to update ie John.Smith change to John.Smith1
NOTE - If the user is employed by another office the user will then have to be entered into AD manually under the original name & add employer ID